description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

No, Anything does NOT go.

Are you watching this new show Bunheads? Do you like it? I'm undecided. Well, that's not true. I think I hate it, but I'm not sure. I loved Gilmore Girls. Well, until I stopped watching it. I don't even remember why I did that. Maybe it conflicted with something, and the TiVo chose for me. It does that sometimes. Anyway, I feel that, like Sorkin, ASP's patter is "a little goes a long way." And in Bunheads, there's a lot, and it feels endless. I kind of am driven insane by it. And the girls run around outside in their ballet shoes! Ridiculous. I took ballet for 15 years. You do NOT go outside in your shoes. It ruins them, and they are VERY expensive, and your mom will kill you if you ruin them. Also, while I was taking those ballet classes for 15 years, not once did a single person ever call us bunheads, but I've already discussed this with some people on twitter, and we've decided it might be the fact that I was never in professional-level classes.

ANYWAY, all this to say that while I'm generally pro ABC Family (seriously, watch Switched at Birth--you can thank me after), I'm not QUITE a fan of Bunheads. And I'm super not a fan of this:

Oh, man, the car shenanigans. I wish I could get that hour back. It felt like 3. 
I'm glad I grabbed this right away, because the page is gone now, so I can't link you to it. Sorry! But this is how the description appeared on ABC Family's website after the episode aired. The whole thing with Hubbell is tragic. Hasn't he earned an apostrophe? I think so. Since Hubbell himself was merely a vehicle to bring Michelle and his mother together, I think we can liken him to his car, which up and died in this episode. Having served its purpose, it could go on no longer. And it brought us nothing but endless words about everything and nothing. Just like HUBBELL.

Clearly, I'm going to have to punch both Hubbell AND his car at some point. Poor Cameron Frye. I just want that guy to get the girl one day. Television and film producers, it's time to "Let my Cameron Go!"

Interesting note. If you go to the Bunheads imdb page, Alan Ruck isn't even listed. Wow. That seems harsh.

(Thanks to DD for sending this to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment