description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

JOY.

Did you ever eat something and know, deep down in your soul, that you will never again find something quite as delicious as that wonderful thing you've just discovered? It doesn't have to be absurdly fancy, or expensive, or creatively prepared. It's just such a perfect combination of flavors, and you don't even really want to have it all that often, so you can savor each experience. I have discovered such a dish. And let me tell you, it is BAD for you. It's served by this small, random restaurant in Burbank, and it is the perfect brunch food. It's Cinnamon Roll French Toast. Basically, they take cinnamon rolls and then slice them and prepare the slices as French toast, cover it with syrup and cream cheese frosting and berries, and serve it to you. It is magically divine. Seriously. It is a huge dish, easily shared with a friend. When some friends and I were gathering to go see Magic Mike, the restaurant that serves this dish was chosen as the pre-movie brunch spot, and I was elated. I imagined enjoying my Cinnamon Roll French Toast for WEEKS. Maybe that's sad, but hey, I don't have a job. I have a lot of time to dedicate to this sort of thing.

So, the day arrives, and I get to the restaurant, and pretend to peruse the menu, as though I might possibly eat something else. And that's when I stumbled across this:

Sorry about cutting off the description of the CRFT. I was focused.
ERRANT APOSTROPHE ALERT. And seriously, let's not even get into what a "humming experience" is. Whatever this menu does on its own time is its own business. I tried to look around to see if there was a reason for this apostrophe, like maybe they named it for someone in the restaurant or something, but I couldn't find anything, so I don't think that's it. I think it's just wrong. Which is a shame. But please, don't let this apostrophe abuse deter you. If you get the chance to try this place, do so. And if you need me to come along with you, y'know, I'm available.

No comments:

Post a Comment