description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

His WHAT?

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that I'm not terribly politically astute. It's just not in my wheelhouse, so to speak. And honestly, I don't know anything from boardwalks. They don't really have them in Florida. They seem to be more prevalent in places where you go "down the shore," which is only up north, I think. Maybe this is totally normal behavior for an evening on a New Jersey boardwalk. Who knows? Basically, this article is filled with things I know nothing about. Well, except for the one thing.

This was my 4th try to make this readable. I think it worked out ok, right? 

This isn't the only problem in this article. It's also missing at least one comma, from what I can see. And it's clunky. And bless their hearts, they haven't made any corrections since this was sent to me a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure articles about the governor's "tempter" would be wholly different in content, if I had to guess what a "tempter" was. Which I would prefer not to, as would be the case with almost EVERY politician. There's far too much of that going on for my taste. I suspect the governor's TEMPER is enough of a problem. No need to add anything else to the mix.

(Thanks, CP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment