description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Can you hear me now?

This one's a little confusing, y'all. And I know the pictures are HUGE but I wanted to try and make them as clear as possible. Just bear with me. Let me throw up the pics, and then we'll discuss. Loyal reader and internet buddy CP sent this in, and fortunately, he sent both the link and a screengrab, because, well, they've gone back in and butchered up the copy a bit. So, here's the screengrab he sent:

Screengrab by CP
The print is pretty tough to read, so I cropped it for you.

Sorry, still a little blurry. 

So, yeah. It's a little clunky. I feel there's a translation issue here, which just seems odd. Samsung is an international corporation. They don't have some English speaking copy editors available to give this a pass and see if it makes sense? (And is also spelled and pluralized correctly!) I have, after all, always wanted to be more convinient. Er, convenient. But, is it worse or better than how the copy reads now?


I just...what? Apparently this phone is now being compared to Tommy. Because, of course, Tommy didn't go to school, so he probably didn't learn proper grammar and language skills. "Which one of these are your favorite?" Is this copy written by a robot? A robot who never learned to read?

On the other hand, trying to choose between that line and the previous version's "What is your most wanted?" is like an anti-Sophie's choice. Death is not an option! Which one do you hate less?

It's a tough call. My recommendation? Head over to the Apple website and just get an iPhone. Easy peasy.

(Thanks, CP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment