description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm SO OLD sometimes.

Here's proof that I'm old: I can't sing you a single Justin Bieber song. I can't even name you one. No, wait. There's the one about the boyfriend. If I were your boyfriend? Is that it? Anyway, the Biebs has swept the nation, and I don't really know any tweens, so I'm sadly excluded from the fun. I was frightened of that hair helmet thing he was sporting, and now that he's cut his hair, I find that he looks a bit like Ellen Degeneres, especially when he wears his glasses. But that's really all I've got on him. Also, I desperately want to spell his name Beiber. I always do, as a matter of fact. I just happened to google before writing this, and that's the only reason I've been saved from embarrassment. THIS TIME.

Regardless of all of this, you know what I can spell? Twitter.

This blog's twitter follower count stands at 133. I'll totally catch up to Biebs soon.
The original story can be found here, which was corrected very quickly the same day, so I had to do a search to find a version of the headline elsewhere. You ask, and the internet shall provide.

Of course, we can't blame J. Biebs for this tragedy. Or even for the car-chasing/paparazzi incident, because I kind of really think the paps should back off when it's obvious someone's freaking out, but yeah, I don't really know what was happening anyway. And I consider myself somewhat of a car person, and I'd never heard of that car he was driving. And good grief, it was chrome plated? That's just stupid. Way to blind every other driver on the road, dude. The sun enjoys shiny things!

But I digress. My point? Twitter. 3 Ts total. Learn it. Live it. And good job on fixing the error quickly, LA Times.

(Thanks to MF for sending this along!)

No comments:

Post a Comment