description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WOOF!

Y'all, I love dogs. I am a total dog person. I prefer smaller dogs to bigger, but I kinda love 'em all. They're adorable! Dogs are always so happy to see you, and they always want to go where you want to go, especially if it's in the car or on the couch. I don't have a dog right now, but one day! One day I will have a yard, and a dog to go in the yard. Because yards are useless without adorable dogs running around in them!

My friend MLW sent me this story about a family being reunited with their beloved Basset Hounds years after they went missing. That's so sad! And wonderful! I would be devastated if my pups disappeared. But of course, the content of the article is not the only sad part.

I feel like all these words don't actually add up to full paragraphs.
Dear article author: it's spelled BASSET. ONE T. JUST LIKE IN THE HEADLINE. Actually, it kind of infuriates me that the headline is spelled correctly, but no one went back through the article and checked it. Here, for reference, is the article on Basset Hounds from the American Kennel Club. It's very interesting. I love seeing what judges are looking for when they evaluate dogs in competition. Aw! The tail is supposed to be carried gaily, in hound fashion! You can just picture a hound trotting happily along, its tail curved up in the air! So cute!

Go give your dogs a hug for me, my friends. I love 'em all. Even when they're spelled incorrectly.

(Thanks, MLW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment