description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Food Foibles

Yay! It's Food Wednesday! Menu errors are the bomb. Do not mock my hip lingo.

Let's talk about cheap Mexican food, shall we? My personal favorite is Chipotle, mostly because I get exactly what I want, and the chips are flavored just the way I like them. I will also accept Baja Fresh, because they serve shrimp, and I do enjoy a good shrimp burrito. All the other options are pretty much in a pile after that, at least for me. I'm not a fan of the salsas at Poquito Mas, and I feel like the last time I was there, there was some sort of a la carte business that was kind of a hassle.

ANYWAY, this submission comes to us from the Baja Fresh menu. To see it, you'll want click on salads, and then Mango Chipotle Chicken Salad. As an aside to the restaurant industry, every human alive still hates the way your websites display menus. Just sayin'.

I received this submission a few weeks ago, and much to my surprise, the error still hasn't been corrected. Do you see it? Right there in the very first word of the description:

Just for the record, I LOATHE AVOCADO. 
CRISPY. Generally spelled with a P. Otherwise, it's a character on Three's Company. Minus an S. Crisy Flour is totally the best name ever for a chef in one of those competition shows. Having a vaguely food-sounding name always helps on those things, right? "I have to win! My name is food-related!"

One day, we'll have to have a talk about "fire-grilled." How else is something grilled? I don't believe that cooking things on your car engine is actually possible. Maybe over a really hot sidewalk? Sidewalk-grilled? Ooh! A panini, fresh off the griddle! Panini-grilled! Molten-lava-cake-grilled! Steering-wheel-on-a-hot-day-grilled!

Seriously, though. Fire-grilled is redundant, right? Like hot water heater? Discuss.

(Thanks, CP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment