description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The source of all evil

Just to let you guys know, almost all the spelling errors I find on local newscasts are from the SAME CHANNEL. Now, yes, I did see one on another channel the other day, and I didn't grab it, because I didn't want to feature the story it was attached to in any way, but yeah. For the most part, they're all coming from the same place. Potentially even the same person. That's kind of crazy, yo.

Here's one I saw just a few days ago:

Photo by me. I'm not really getting any better at photographing my TV. At least it's HD.
Now, look. I have some THOUGHTS on this story. And not all of them are particularly generous. However, I think we can all agree that STOPPING bullying is important. Because who the heck even knows how stoping bullying would happen. I don't know how to stope. (That's clearly the root of stoping, right?) Do you? What do you think stope means? A combination of stoop and lope, perhaps? It's like a sniglet (blog reader age check IN EFFECT), but not quite as funny, because combining stooping and loping isn't necessary to the earth, I don't think.

I could be wrong. Stoping could be the perfect word to describe your average werewolf's gait, for example. Werewolves, let me know if you'd like to adopt that word. It's yours for the taking!

(Note: if any werewolves ACTUALLY contact me, I will let you all know IMMEDIATELY. From a safe, remote location. WAIT. Remote is probably a bad idea. From a safe, very big city location.)


No comments:

Post a Comment