description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Well?

Happy July! How was your weekend? What did you do? Did anyone have an early July 4th cookout? Did you read a book? See a movie? Did you see Magic Mike? I did. Did you like it? I sure did. Parts of it, at least. No, not like THAT. You pervs.

Let's take a look back at the ad campaign, shall we? Remember that first trailer? It wanted to convince us all there was an important love story in and amongst the booty shaking and abs.



We were all a little annoyed by that trailer, right? You do not need to sell me a love story. JUST BRING ME THE MEN. And then the TV spots came out, and well, they were an improvement, at least.



And then, there was the NSFW redband trailer, which I'm just gonna link to, in case you want to see it.

Fun, right? But then this tragedy happened, right in the middle of one of those TV ads:

Sorry for the arrow--it's a screengrab
I haven't been able to find this particular ad ANYWHERE, though I have heard from others that it was still airing as of last week. You can find the link to the original posting here, with a hat tip to the lovely and talented AS for alerting me to it. In addition, internet buddy DD pointed me towards the HuffPo story about the error that ran last week. 

What's with all the movie trailer errors this year? Is THAT what we want to remember 2012 by? No, not really. I, personally, would like to remember 2012 as the year I got the AMAZING super high paying job and moved into my dream home. It could still happen.

It will also be the year I saw Magic Mike, typo be damned. Because let's be honest. I might be willing to let a little error like this slide when the rewards are so vast. I think that's something we can all agree on, right?

(all trailers property of Warner Bros Pictures. Thanks to AS for sending this along!)

No comments:

Post a Comment