description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

UNDER SIEGE, I SAY.

Publix has long been heralded as a haven for grammar fiends. Who knows if it was pressure from the public, or one crusading manager, but once they corrected their "10 items or less" signs to "10 items or fewer" it's been a happier place to grocery shop. Also, I find that when I visit my family back in Florida, Publix stores are generally easier to navigate, and not set up to look like a pale imitation of a farmer's market, as many wanna-be grocery stores are out here in Los Angeles.  In addition, it's much easier to find smaller sizes of products in Publixes, which is a boon for any person like me, who lives alone. No need to pick and choose between which items I'm certain I'll finish before they're stale/which ones I can tolerate stale, and those I'll just never get to in time. Ah, giant flats of strawberries. I hardly knew ye. You'd go very well with the giant angel food cake over in the bakery, but alas. I'm only one person.

However, Publix is not perfect. No one is, for sure. They're still stumped from time to time.

Photo by JG
My brother JG snapped this pic at a local Publix. Now, sure, we can debate whether or not inconvenience is created or caused, but of course, what we really want to know is ATTENTION CUSTOMER'S WHAT?  SIGH. We are a nation under siege. My internet buddy CP dubbed this sort of thing an apostrophail on twitter yesterday, which is genius.  An apostrophail, ladies and gentlemen! It has created all sorts of mental inconvenience for me.

I am also very glad that I don't live in a world where 7 AM is convenient for me. Oy. That sounds terrible.

(Thanks, JG. I hope my perfect niece didn't give you a hard time when you were taking this pic!)

1 comment: