description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

No bueno.

Good morning! HI! How are you? You're not hungover, are you? I hope not. I feel like the only thing worse than having to go back to work after a holiday in the middle of the week would be having to go back hungover. And even if you didn't drink, you may be suffering from what I call the dreaded junk food hangover. You know, where you've consumed all this junk food after eating a generally well-balanced diet the rest of the time, and your system doesn't really know what to do with all of it, so you just kind of feel bloated and gross for a while, until a solution is reached. I find that, like with some booze hangovers, a little hair of the dog helps. I suggest carbs. Oh! Or maybe a burrito. Burritos always hit the spot, don't they?

Photo by HC
Even when spelled incorrectly. I think the author of this card is nuts. A jalapeno buritto, or burrito, even, sounds fantastic, doesn't it? That's totally what you're having for lunch now, isn't it? You're welcome.

I am now dying to know what was going on with the rest of this card. I can't believe HC didn't just buy this card and bring it to me. WHATEVER. Just so y'all know, a burrito on MY birthday sounds delightful.

(Thanks to HC for this submission!)

2 comments:

  1. Technically, jalapeƱo is spelled wrong, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. But since I couldn't figure out how to get blogger to give me the tilde, I felt I couldn't then accuse. But you have to assume someone making a greeting card would have access to more fonts than I do.

      Delete