description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tiny humans need clothes, too.

Kids are a strange breed, aren't they? I don't think it'll come as a surprise to anyone that knows me when I say I don't know anything about them. They're tiny humans, but they have their own things going on, with their own foods, and their own toys, and their own language. It's a complete mystery to me. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy your kids. They really do say the darnedest things. Most often, when they are perched on your lap, discussing something of the utmost importance to them, and you're just struggling to keep up. Remember what I said about their own language? I often think that one of the most difficult challenges a parent faces is keeping that brightness alive while coaching them to live in our much more confined world of adults and rules. I have no idea how that's done. Fortunately, there are resources out in the interwebs to guide you. To help you encourage your child's inner warrior poet, so to speak. Y'know. As you do. And obviously, you want this to be reflected in your kid's clothes. Clothes that have a certain special SOMETHING.

That's a lot of capital letters, is what I'm saying. 
Yep, hanging over the edge again. Just wanted to make sure you could see the problem. Which is, of course, children's clothing that comes with FLARES. I feel confident no one in the world wants to buy explosive children's clothing. That seems like the opposite of good parenting. FLAIR. Like the buttons on your shirt when you work at a themed restaurant. Unlike the bell bottom of your jeans.

There are other quibbles, but they're more of a personal preference. I probably would have used further instead of farther, but as we're talking a metaphorical distance, either is fine. I also probably wouldn't have used crusade, as it can have a negative connotation. Additionally, it seems to me to be kind of the wrong word. And inside the quotes, I probably would have said "To build..." since that flows better.

Has anyone gotten clothes from this company? Are they awesome? Do I need to investigate them for the kids in my life?

(Thanks, MSM for sending this in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment