description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, July 2, 2012

A new spelling?

So, here's the thing. Last week, my friend AW alerted me to this tweet. You can see who it's from. I tweeted him back to ask if I could use the picture, and he never answered me, so, um, I'm using it anyway. You guys won't tell, will you? It's awesome, and I just couldn't resist.

Photo by John Legend
There. He's totally credited. Y'all, this is sad. This is my own city, I'm pretty sure, since he indicates he saw it on the way to work. (Ah, yes, Google says Duets shoots at CBS Radford.) I am so proud. You cannot spell words incorrectly and use text speak and expect anyone to take you seriously. Um, that goes for you kids brand new to the work place, just FYI. Your elderly (read: anyone over 30) coworkers will NOT accept you if you do not use your words in emails. If you are not accepted, you will not be promoted. If you are not promoted, you will never make any more money than you do now. Always use your words, and do your darnedest to spell them correctly.

ESPECIALLY if you are trying to convince the public to agree with you. It SHOULD go without saying, but, clearly, it doesn't.

(Thanks to AW for tipping me off, and to y'know, JL for the pic. Dude, I tried. I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment