description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Before you get your grill on...

Happy 4th of July, Americans! By way of celebration, we're going to take a look at a Cuban restaurant menu. Totes makes sense, right? This one's a toughie, y'all, and I'm going to need you to weigh in. Menus, as y'all know, are a font of fodder for this blog, but it gets confusing when the menu has a mix of foreign language and English translations. For some reason, I have a harder time getting google to cough up an effective translation for some words, so I worry that the word is actually correct, and I just don't know something. SHOCKING.

So, let's take a look at this pic snapped for me by my high school best friend's mom, DC. This blog is FAR REACHING, y'all. Ok, not that much, since she's a FB friend of mine.

Photo by DC
Ok, for a second, just ignore the egregious parentheses abuse. And the fact that google tells me fruta bomba is usually spelled as two words. And all the extra random spaces. What we're focused on is that Puding de Pan. DC assures me it is crazy delicious, first of all, which is good news. However, google coughs up both pudin de pan and budin de pan. At no point does google provide any responses with a g, but it can't come to an agreement beyond that. I posed this question on twitter, and most seemed to agree that pudin is correct, but I'm curious to know if perhaps this is a regionalism.

So, Spanish-speaking spellfailers, what say you? I think we can all agree that puding is wrong. But what's correct? AMERICANS TRYING TO ORDER DELICIOUS DESSERTS NEED TO KNOW.

Now, go have some grilled foods! Yay!

(Thanks to DC for the great pic!)


2 comments:

  1. But wait! What about that "greated coconut" in the last item description? Is that shredded coconut that is somehow greater than your usual shredded coconut.

    I am really hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. I totally didn't include that one! I was so frightened by everything else. And yes, greated coconut is obviously far superior to the traditional kind. You are correct.

      Delete