description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yup.

Listen, y'all. I don't care who you vote for. Just vote, ok? Make sure, when the time comes, you do your homework and you vote the way your gut tells you to. Talk to your friends, do some googling, watch the debates, whatever you need to do to learn about the candidates and how they feel about what's important to you. Don't listen to just any fool and allow them to lure you into thinking the way they do, especially when they put on their Fool Hat and strut around like a foolish peacock, displaying their idiocy for everyone to see. Is that harsh? Maybe. Maybe not.

Photo by someone on FB. If it was you, please let me know!
Hey, Kettle, it's Pot. You're black. I mean, COME ON. The best part is that when I googled, trying to find some sort of ownership, google asked me if I meant "to prove you're not an idiot" and I agreed, of course, that *I* did, but that person did not, and I had to search again, because google just wants me to be happy and grammatically correct.

But as I've said before, the point is this. If you want people to take you and your opinions seriously, you MUST spell them correctly, and use proper grammar. You just have to. Otherwise, you look like a petulant child, stomping his foot at your disagreement. Or, well, it almost goes without saying, an idiot.

(Thanks to MLW for sending this to me!)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts. I also love the irony of finding a typo in a post. "...into thinking they way they do..."
    That is one of my most common typos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for catching that! Fixed!

    ReplyDelete