description

We all make errors, and sometimes, those errors can make us look like idiots. Especially when that error gets published out in the world, even though it likely went through a host of gatekeepers to get there. And that's why we're here. To shame those gatekeepers with an internet scarlet S. I don't expect you to be perfect. It takes a village, and every village has an idiot. But for the sake of your company's reputation, hire a village that has at least one member THAT CAN SPELL.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Not so Top Gun

Good morning! It's Monday. I don't want to bog you down with too many troubling words and such. Just hang in there. It'll be lunch time soon enough. Meanwhile, let's get things started.

I don't have a great deal of information about this, except to assume it's a concert at a naval base. Here's a link to the flickr page featuring the band performing at the event. And here, in case you didn't see it, is the issue:

I didn't know anyone was still using @ in the old way. Except me. Because I'm old. 
I don't know about you, but I'm certain I cannot fit a base in my navel. Nor would I want to. That sounds itchy, and as though it would make it even more difficult to find pants that fit. Also, when you google Great Lakes Naval Base, you get a Naval Station, and I don't really know if those two things are different. Like perhaps how Grand Central is technically a terminal and not a station. Is station more accurate? Or just a different word? I'll need someone more knowledgable to tell me. Interestingly, if you join the Navy, that's where you go for boot camp, as it's the only US Navy boot camp. According to wiki, anyway. And when you go, you apparently are given concerts by the local alternative rock station, which is fun. Even if they don't know how to spell naval.

(Thanks, CP, for sending this in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment